Thursday, August 12, 2010

Got spare change?

One day she will go. She will go to spread the Word. She has a heart for God and desire to help people. No, it doesn't show all the time, especially when she isn't getting her way. I know there are some people out there who've dealt with her stubborness that might not "see" the compassionate side of her. But I have. Mostly in the comments she's made and questions she's asked.

It is there.

As long as things are going her way.

Maturity will help with that.

Right?

Please say yes.
About a month ago she asked me to put money in this bucket (I emptied all the change from my purse,) talked Matthew into raiding his piggy bank, and then asked if she could go ring the neighbor's doorbell to ask them for money. She also asked for extra chores that would result in extra pay.

"For the children in Africa because they don't have any food and are hungry."
The next Sunday, she dumped the bucket into her purse and took it to church to put in the Poor Box.
She did this with no prompting or prior conversations between us/her, and has done it two more times since.
I love it and pray that her compassionate heart and personal relationship with God never stop growing.
Oh, and the reason those kids in Africa don't have any food is because they "ate it all."

No comments:

Post a Comment