Friday, August 13, 2010

Air Show

Don't know who or what these were.....some smaller planes doing stunts is all I know. (The announcer guy was hard to understand over loud speakers.)




Paralyzed hand glider






It started drizzling just as we got our hot dogs and no tables anywhere. This looked like a good spot.
Canadian Snowbirds........watch what they can do.
Up, up they go...
Way up there...
Start to scatter...
Scatter a little more...
Do you see fireworks?


I might be wrong, but I think this was the F-22.



The name this plane goes by has escaped me at the moment. "He" carries all the mechanical paraphenalia and what not for the Blue Angels when they are traveling.


Wow, these look so much bigger and clearer on full screen. Smaller here just doesn't seem to do justice.




The Blue Angels have great dance music playing while they are flying.




Not enjoying the music?




A little tidbit that I learned from these guys. I asked Cal why they would fly with the landing gear down. He said they do that when they want to go slow, because it helps them to keep the plane steady and stable, or something like that. (I know, everybody but me knew that.)

Watch how they do this.....

Notice the four having landing gear down, so that they can go much slower compared to the loner. And, the loner's gear is up and it's obvious he is going much faster. But where is he going?

Through the middle?
Nope, he's just behind the one at 3:00...
There he is.....from the ground, due to the comparison in speed, it looks as if he went through the middle.
And now I've given away one of their secrets.......shhhh! (Well, it was a secret to me.)







> Can you tell it's the end of the day? So pathetic....

What I learned that day? I'm very grateful that Cal is not a pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment