Monday, June 21, 2010

We dropped Thomas off yesterday at hockey camp. His first more than one night trip away from home. One week. Three hours away. I'm ok with it. Really. It is weird though to not be able to speak to your child each day, especially in this day and age. No cell phones allowed at camp, and we think that's a good thing. Even if we can't talk to him on demand. If we really feel the need to talk to him, we can call the office anytime we want. I did send an email for mail call. Matthew and Emma are going to send a postcard tomorrow.

They get three hours a day of ice time, dry-land training, swimming, canoeing, devotions, praise and worship, and all that other fun stuff that goes along with camp. It's a Christian hockey camp.....could it get any better? Hmph....still was weird not to at least talk to him today.

Unloading the truck......
Checking in their gear.........
Checking out the "mess hall".......... (mom wanted to see where he would be eating and sleeping.)

Where he'll be sleeping. I really didn't need to see how high that loft is, or how low that rail is. If you don't know this about me, I easily become obssessed with thoughts of everything that could go wrong in particular situations. This one? All kinds of stuff goes through my head.
See? Is that just a little too high or what? See Mr. Cool up in the corner?
Headed for the truck after our good-byes.
Emma is less comfortable with this than I am. All the way home, "Thomas can't stay." Remember I said it was three hours? Yeah...... We got home and she got a pillow off his bed. She said, "This is my favorite pillow and I'm sleeping with it. Is there a problem with that?"

1 comment:

  1. Ahh... how sweet! I am so jealous It looks so beautiful out!

    ReplyDelete