We didn't get any halibut last year, so we decided to take advantage of the early bird discount that our favorite charter was running and go over the weekend. Cal took leave Thursday and Friday so we could try to avoid the Memorial Day traffic.
The weather was perfect for the drive along Turnagain Arm. Thomas and I saw a Dall Sheep running along the side of the mountain, but no way I could get a picture. I'm guessing that for as far away as we were and as well as we could see it, he must've been a big boy.
From Seward Highway...tide was low or probably even out as we could see lots of little channels running through the mud flats.


One of the abandoned cabins near Girdwood from the '69 Earthquake.

Around the corner from Turnagain Arm. Don't know how I got that white haze through the middle....sunshine or something?

Kenai River
No comments:
Post a Comment