Friday, May 28, 2010

Halibut Fishing, Day 2, Eagles

So we got down to the beach and found this little gem. We had only gotten from the truck to here (not very far) when everyone started whining about the walk. We still had a little stretch to where I was hoping we would see the Eagles, but upon hearing the whining I realized that it was close to supper time. We decided to stop here for a snack. French fries and hot chocolate.....could it get any better?
We went out on the outside deck to wait for our fries. Cal says, "Hey look, there's an eagle. You don't have to walk." Uh-uhm....did I mention he was doing a little of that whining? This guy was just close enough for my lens to reach him. He drug this fish carcass from the edge of the water and started having his own snack. (I'm thinking the french fries were better.)
We were quite happy and content to watch this fellow......didn't expect the show that we got.
Here comes trouble...........
Apparently, the Golden Eagle thinks this is his fish. The Bald squawked at the Golden.....

.....then he squawked at the sky. (A few minutes later, we wondered if he/she had been calling a buddy.)
No worries, I suppose. The Bald stepped aside and found a different carcass to munch on.

But wait a minute, here come reinforcements........
Hey Golden, who do you think you are...stealing fish?
Face off......
And then the two Bald's just up and took off! Hey! Where ya going? You were here first.

The Golden chased them....up and over our heads.

When this is opened up full screen on the computer, this is so clear that you can see the softness of the wings. The only editing I've done is cropping.....that's pretty much all I know how to do. LOL


The Golden stayed with them until they were too far for my lens to reach.
Then I turned back to my crew and our yummy snack. Of which, Emma commenced in spilling an entire cup of hot chocolate all over the table. Of course.
After french fries, we walked down to the beach....where the eagles had been......and they threw some rocks in the water.
Emma looks like a little too excited considering it appears she's aiming at Matthew's head.

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are amazing!!! So jealous but keep em' comin! :)

    ReplyDelete