Thomas and I get our turn to fish.
Who needs docks and piers when you have John Deere?
Use a ladder to get on board.......(this is actually when we were "de-boarding")

......then have good 'ole trusty John Deere push you into the water.


Beautiful day! The first time I've ever gone fishing in Alaska without being rained on at some point during the day. We had a few cloudy spots, but it was still fairly warm....warm for being on Alaska water. We didn't need our long john's, so to me that's warm. :o)

Thomas caught the first one, but threw it back due to small size. Then I caught one that I put back. The next one I got was worth keeping.....between 20-25 pounds. Then.......all I could get were itty bitty 10-15 pounders. About 5 of them. I kept the last one only because it was close to the end of our time and I was afraid I wouldn't get another and would go home with only one fish. Thomas got his two, but they were also smaller than we were hoping for. I might've jinxed us a little. I laughed when Cal told me not to bring a banana on board. Some fishermen superstition. I told him I would anyway. I didn't, but maybe I shouldn't have joked about it. LOL



Cal took Emma and Matthew to the beach for clam digging while Thomas and I were on the boat. He thought to take a change of clothes for them, but learned another very important lesson: Emma has a small bladder and must use the bathroom before leaving the house/camper....having her go TWICE wouldn't hurt either. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment