Friday, May 14, 2010

4th Birthday

He wanted a hockey cake. It was totally from scratch. No box. I know, I'm amazed too, especially that it was pretty good! Buttercreme frosting of course. :D I frosted all over with the white, then Thomas made the "rink" and added the characters. I found a tub of hockey players at a popular website...think long, rain forest river. It comes with everything you need to play "hockey guys," even a rink. I took a few pieces out to decorate the cake and we wrapped the tub as a present. He loves it and plays with it ALL the time. The zamboni didn't come with the tub, but fortunately found it at the same website, because you can't have a hockey rink without a zam!
Waiting for the first piece. Check out that tongue! LOL

How Matthew eats birthday cake....first the frosting.....
Then, stab it.
First glance of the tub of hockey guys.
We brought the stick out last. He just stood there looking at it saying, "Oh my God" in a low, incredible voice. Then he picked it up and pretended my living room floor was an ice rink.
He said it was the bestest day ever. They probably say that on every birthday, but it was a pretty darn good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment