Thursday, May 13, 2010
Missing Posts
Yes, I've been slacking off on posts lately. I could just blame it on a lack of motivation/blogger's block, but that wouldn't be honest. Truth be told, I've been glued to genealogy research the last few weeks. It is quite addicting. I would search and search for a missing piece of info thinking, "Oh, if I could just find (insert info,) THEN I could get up and wash the dishes, fold the laundry, dust the living room, vacuum the living room, make lunch, read to the kids..." Yeah, you get the picture. We, my sister is working with me, have found a lot of intresting information. Didn't know about second and third cousins that were found through one website and we are now in email communication with. The most frustrating part of it all? That side of the family has all roots in Southern Texas at least 3 generations before us. Uh-uhm....where was I living for 5 years??? Research would've been so much more productive and interesting, if I had started this when I was living in Texas and could visit courthouses and cemeteries. Not to mention meet my new found family members. Yes, they are there, in Texas. Not even going to try to count or remember how many times I was in the San Antonio/Austin area during that 5 yrs of living in Texas........where they all are. It's ok though, I'll be back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



In Texas the wind blows all the time; yesterday was one bad windy day. I love the birthday boy and his photos; does he stick out his tongue all the time when he is "concentrating" on something?? If so, he is diffinitely kin to Cousin James Ray Carmon since he did that all the time; even as an adult.
ReplyDeleteLOL, your Texas cousin