Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Fish Home

So, the two remaining experimental goldfish have officially been adopted by Emma and Matthew. Neither seems worse for the wear. They both still have their natural scale color and Mr. Lethargic has perked up quite a bit over the last couple of days. He has been rewarded nicely for his contribution to science.

Since I didn't want to clean that little tank out every other day, I had to go spend MORE money on the science project pet fish. Of course, we had to consult with Miss Christi, our favorite fish expert.......uh-hum, the filter thingy-ma-jigger was smarter than me. Not my fault instructions were not included!

Look how happy they are! (You don't see the little smiles on their faces? Are you blind???) I swear if I didn't know better, they really are happier to be in a "real" tank with a filter and fresh oxygen supply. Now I'm just hoping that they aren't of the opposite sex. We really don't need more than 2 goldfish. If they are boy/girl, maybe the conditions of the tank aren't appropriate for eggs? Wouldn't the boy eat them if there's not a good place for girl fish to hide them? Oh yes, and their names. For all the imagination my children have, of which I'm extremely proud of if not sometimes frustrated by, their names are.....(drum roll please)......Big Fish and Little Fish.

This one is for you Miss Christi!

The whole set-up. Showcased here, because I had to spend MORE money.....on a table for the fish. I wanted my kitchen counter space back, and the adoptive parents needed to be able to feed and view their beloveds without a chair.
I find it ironic that somehow we have managed to place the fish over Molly's food and water. So far, she hasn't shown interest in trying to figure out what's on top of the table.

Matthew used the table box to build a race car, then covered it with a blanket to make a picnic table.

No comments:

Post a Comment