Saturday, March 26, 2011

Zoo Day

The sun was shining, and we had to get out.of.the.house. Isn't that why we bought a zoo pass? The neighbors came too....the more the merrier, right? When the 6 of them get together they act as if they left their brains at home. The other mom and I tell ourselves they are "just being kids."

I must say, this visit went much smoother than when we went to the polar bears' bday party. Um, yeah, it was -4 that day.


First stop was the seal habitat. This one was quite friendly! Came to the window and it seemed as if she/he were trying to communicate with the kids.

See the flapper on the window?


Eye contact with Matthew?
Maybe it's sending "get me out of here" messages.


The biggest caribou's antlers. I don't know why I didn't get a picture of him with his bald stubs.


Can you imagine taking a nap in the snow?

Behind Bars :-(

Ok. Glad you are behind bars. Not really.


Next time I'll try to remember to shed the sunglasses, but then my face will be all squinched up.


Matthew was ALL OVER THE PLACE.


Sheesh...someone needs a pedicure. That red stuff is chicken blood. We know, because the carcass was still present.

I'm a sucker for the eagles....

Zookeeper couldn't keep this one contained.


I believe that look is the reason she is now homeschooled.


Other than the kids, this was the only animal not behind bars.

So peaceful. Looks like you could just run up and squeeze him...

...until you see his buddy.

Oh boy. This was after he walked out on us at the indoor skate park. We were picking him up on the way home from the zoo and were early, so we thought we'd watch him skate for a few minutes. He was not happy about that. The idiot high schooler sitting on the bench beside me wasn't helpful with his comments. "Oh man, how embarrassing to have your mom here." Thomas didn't even know the kid. I wanted to say something to that kid, but it was obvious Thomas was upset, so I didn't want to make it worse for him. We had a talk at home, and whether he likes it or not, he knows that mom is everywhere. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment