Thomas had dryland training last night. That's hockey lingo for practice off the ice. It mostly consists of conditioning and weight bearing activities. We call it dryland for short.
He left his dryland gear on the back floorboard of the truck. Helmet, stick, gloves, and skates. There is was this morning for Emma and Matthew to step on, and myself to trip over (I have to get IN the back to buckle up Matthew.)
The gear started a conversation about why it was there and where Thomas was at the night before.
Matthew was very interested in "dryland" and continued the questions after we dropped Emma off at school. He then asked me if Thomas went to "dryland." He didn't like my answer...yes, he was at dryland practice last night. I must admit, I was getting a little frustrated by his seemingly lack of misunderstanding over something that seemed so simple. Finally, to clarify himself, he said to me:
"Well, the whale spit Jonah out on dry land. Did Thomas go to dry land?"
I think he was feeling left out!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment