Saturday, August 21, 2010

Swans

We found this pair of Trumpeter Swans on 6-Mile Lake behind the base. The first time we saw them, it was raining and the pictures were terrible. I was so disappointed in the pictures, that when I saw the sun shining the next morning, I decided to go back to see if they were still there.

Got Emma and Matthew a hot chocolate and we headed out.



They were there! I could've stood out there all day watching them and taking pictures. I was able to get right on the edge of the water.



I think I was out there for at least 20 minutes.

Emma and Matthew were so patient playing waiting in the truck.



Ok, I lie. At one point a hot chocolate cup came sailing out the window.

The swans didn't seem to mind.





It's hard to see here, but if you look close you can see a piece of grass hanging from his mouth. They kept dipping their heads down and coming back up with yummy morsels.














No comments:

Post a Comment