Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not a Lemonade Stand

Most kids have a lemonade stand. Not our little nature-loving entrepreneur. She wants to sell leaves and branches. In the middle of winter. "Really Emma?" "Yep." So, Matthew and I helped her gather the collection.

She sat on top of the wanna-be garden bed shouting "I got leaves and branches for you right here." Over and over and over. At first, I was holding back little smirks/smiles. It really was cute. Then it became a little painful, because I couldn't quite figure out how to tell her there weren't going to be any buyers. She deep down inside just knew that nobody could possibly turn down the opportunity to own one of these prized possessions, and she WOULDN'T give up! (You know how stubborn she can be.) It finally got to where I was praying for someone to PLEASE walk by and humor her. There was nobody out and about to give us even a glimmer of hope.

Then she informed me that no one was coming, because there was nobody outside to hear her.
She figured she needed to "ring some doorbells." No really Emma, you don't want to waste your time. People are at work and school...that's why they aren't coming. If you rang the doorbell, nobody would answer. Although not happy, she accepted this answer and was content with mine and Matthew's pine needle and leaf purchases.


The "Stand"........
The Goods........

Feelin' the love.........this was probably about the time she was contemplating and wondering "why doesn't anyone want to buy you?"

At one point, when she was starting to get discouraged, she asked Matthew to help her sell. He said he couldn't, because he was on a rocket ship about to go into space.

Besides, he was having problems with his vision.........

No comments:

Post a Comment