Sunday, February 21, 2010

Leaving church today, Emma told me in that I-know-what-I'm-talking-about-voice "a long time ago when the people in heaven were here, they didn't come from their mommy's stomach." Huh? They didn't? "No. You know, they were here before they went to heaven, but they didn't come from their mommy's stomach like we do."

Matthew had already told us that they talked about a boy who packed all of his clothes, left home, lost his clothes, then came back home. Best I could figure was the story of the Prodigal Son. So, I was racking my brain trying to figure out what Emma's class had talked about, and what she would've heard to be making this statement.

Couldn't think of anything, so I said, "Why do you think they didn't come from their mommy's stomach?"

She says, "Well, for example, Jesus came from Bethlehem, NOT his mommy's stomach."

There ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment