A friend who I trade/buy coupons with was given a stack of $1/1 Muir Glen (organic brand) coupons. She gave me 20 of them. The Muir Glen tomato soup is on sale at the commissary right now for $0.80. Yeah, I went today and got 24 FREE cans of tomato soup.
Also got 5 FREE 4-packs of yogurt. Had some $1/1 Yo-plus yogurt coupons and the 4-packs were on sale for $0.99. Made a penny off each of those. :-D Ummm....I still have 20 of those coupons, so I hope they get more in stock before the sale ends. (They freeze well....actually, let them thaw just a little and they're perfect in smoothies.)
Just so they wouldn't think I was trying to get away with something, I also got a gallon of milk that I didn't have a coupon for....darn the luck. Sometimes you get cashiers who are in denial and don't want to admit how coupons really work. They think you are stealing. No problem with this lady. When she finished scanning all the Q's, she looked up and said, "Wow, that was a great deal on the soup. They were only eighty cents. You made twenty cents off each can." And exactly how am I supposed to respond to that? I didn't want to offend her, but how am I supposed to act surprised???
Oh, and got Matthew some 7-Up. Poor guy is not feeling too well, and I thought the 7-Up might entice him to drink. He had a hard day today. It seems like it's a bad cold. Congested with runny nose and eyes. He had a fever ranging between 102 and 103 today......he didn't want to do anything but sit and be held. He started perking up a little when Thomas came home, but was back to puny by bedtime. We'll see how tomorrow goes. The fever makes me wonder if there is not something else going on than just a bad cold. Maybe ear infection?
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Way to go on the great coupons! Hope Matthew gets to feeling better!
ReplyDelete