Monday, February 15, 2010

Day of Play

I took Thomas and a friend to the ski hill on base today. Bonus: found out last night that first 100 people recieved a free tubing pass, and the lift tickets were free for the day!! I didn't ski, snowboard, or tube. I sat in the lodge with books, food, and hot chocolate. Meandered out a few times for picture taking, but that was all. I was hoping to sit by a fire, but they didn't have it going. We were there from 11:30am to 6pm. They only came in twice! They grabbed a snack, used the bathroom, and ran back out. His friend's mom said to me, "Thank you for taking him and staying up there with them for so long. I can't believe you stayed up there that long just sitting in the lodge. That was so nice of you to do that for them." HA HA I told her, "I had ulterior motives." I was pretty much by myself for 6 hours....caught up on my bible study reading and worked on the crossstitch that I started 6 yrs ago....in between my snacking and picture taking. I ate a whole corn dog and order of french fries without sharing. LOL Don't get me wrong....I don't mind sharing, but every once in while you need a little alone time. Next time, I'm getting the chili cheese fries.

Now this is the way to sled......sit on the tube and get pulled up the hill!
They hooked their tubes together.
Lanes were made with little ridges of snow....reminded me of the slides at the amusement park.

DUDE! Get up!!!

I have noticed that my children are looking quite pale lately. We may need to take a trip to Hawaii during the winters. Wouldn't want them to get too pasty looking.
Getting started.

He landed this, but it was too out of focus to post.
See? Pasty. Not good....must.go.to.Hawaii. Oh, and if you ask him, he was the ONLY person wearing a helmet. He wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment