Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Destwoy Daddy"

That doesn't sound like a very nice title, so let me explain. I was putting clothes away Sunday afternoon. Cal came into the room and plopped face first on the bed. Anytime he is laying face down, Emma and Matthew view this as an opportunity to walk on his back. Usually, he likes it. However, they were getting a little rambunctious. They kept sliding off and their feet would pinch his sides....even worse was if a foot slid off in "that" spot, pinching a particularly sensitive area. Then they started JUMPING on his back. He was hollering and carrying on, but wouldn't get up or make them stop.

You know those times when you say something a little over your kids' head? It's more of an adult thing, but it just comes out and you can't stop yourself?

I finally said, "Enough people! I already have to clean up after you two and wipe your butts. If you break Daddy's back and I have to wipe HIS butt for the rest of his life, I'm not going to be very happy with you!" Of course they couldn't figure out why I would have to wipe Cal's butt for the rest of his life, but apparently the idea was very funny to them.

Fast forward after supper. I'm washing dishes and Matthew keeps coming around the dishwasher and under foot. "I'm Uke Skywahkuh! I will destwoy you!" All kinds of sound effects came along with this statement. I said, "Go destwoy Daddy, please. I'm trying to clean the kitchen."

He goes away and I hear his sound effects in the living room. He comes back a few minutes later.

"Mommy, I destwoyed Daddy. Are you going to wipe his butt for the west of his ife now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment