Monday, January 4, 2010

Berry Birds II

Thanks to my cousin's bird book (thanks W!) and a Fairbanks friend's confirmation, the Berry Birds are Bohemian Waxwing's. There are two other types of Waxwings. An Asian and a Cedar. If I remember correctly what I read, the Asian is only found in the Japan area and the Cedar doesn't make it all the way up here. Poor thing doesn't have the pretty colors on it's wings either. Oh, and while searching I came across Thomas' old first grade teacher who has an AK bird website. (picture me very maturily sticking my finger down my throat) Didn't like that little surprise. Lots of un-Christian like thoughts going through my head. I know, get over it. I was until I saw his name.

The berry trees are Mountain Ash.

Sidenote: the Fairbanks friend is moving down here soon! We are very excited and hoping the boys get to play hockey together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment