Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Squirrel part 2

"He" came back the next day to finish off the apples. I wasn't going to get the camera out. Yesterday, he didn't come back after my picture taking and I thought maybe I scared him. Ah, what the heck.

This sounds dorky, but I love his eyes. Kitty has eye-liner too. Just like Mr. Squirrel. I've seen many animals with eye-liner. I wonder what is God's reason for eye-liner? It looks so perfectly placed around the eye. (You see it doesn't take much to awe me.) Maybe to reflect blinding snow or bright light?

He's sitting on the edge of my pretend raised garden bed.
We watched him run off and found out where he keeps his stash.
He runs in between the first two trees. See the little dark "line" just in front of the first tree in the snow? That's him. He runs half way up the middle tree then jumps over to the third tree, and on up to the top of the third tree.
Here, he had just jumped over to the third tree.
All the way back down the third tree to come out and back towards the apples.
My squirrel feeding took a turn for the not so good. No, not a fine for feeding wildlife. The day after taking these pictures, I saw "him" in the yard, not just on the pretend garden bed. I stepped to the window for a closer look. I had set two trash bags on the back porch for Thomas when he got home. That little stinker squirrel had drug one of them down the steps.....that itty bitty not much bigger than a guinea pig squirrel! "He" had a pretty big hole started too. I opened the door and "he" froze. "He" watched me as I lectured "him" then turned and ran. Now, technically "he" could have found the trash even if not coming back looking for apples.....

No comments:

Post a Comment