Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baby bottle woes....

Emma, Matthew, and I went to Target the other day to check out some deals. They are having some good baby sales this week, plus you can print Target Q's from their website. Baby wash/lotion (for wipes) and even the expensive lotion Emma needs was working out to .50 or less a bottle. So we took a trip. (cost me 5 bucks in popcorn and icees to keep them occupied while I shopped....spend a little, save a lot.) Picked up a 3-pack of bottles to donate. Emma just couldn't accept that she was not getting one of these bottles for her baby. She finally dropped it when we were halfway home. Looking back, I think this is when she started strategizing. I should have known she was up to something when I got on the phone and she disappeared for a while. Me on phone=Emma being sneaky. She will even tell you later that she was being "sneaky." Went to unpack the bags and there was set of bottles missing. When questioned, Emma held up her finger and said, "Um, just a minute." While she was gone, Matthew tattled and explained how she opened them... "She used a play knife like dis..." and made motions with his arms. Emma broke down when she handed over the bottles. You would have thought that her baby just died. She was so hearbroken. I was in the laundry room and could hear Matthew trying to comfort her in a sweet little voice.


"It's Ok Emma. Don't kie Emma." Over and over...... He got discouraged, came to me throwing his arms up and said, "I can't make Emma feel bettuh."

I told him to give her a hug and tell her he loved her. He goes back and I hear him say it adding, "Maybe ater or tommowoh she will give it back. It's ok."

There was no comforting her though. All I heard all day was "why can't I have one of those bottles Mommy?" "will you ever give me one of those bottles Mommy?" First thing she said when she woke up the next morning, you guessed it..."Are you going to give me one of those bottles?" I sure hope Santa heard all this and has plans for a *real* baby bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment