Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 1: Lamar, CO

Hey, it's cold here! Really cold when you have to trek to the bathroom, because you aren't allowed to use water in your camper. I admit I'm a little annoyed about that, and tomorrow I am getting a potty chair. If not a big one for me and Thomas, at least a little one for Matthew and Emma. I know, I'm a wimp. I really don't mind roughing it, but not when it's so cold and I have a great big protable bathroom tagging along behind my truck. Cal does not want to use water in case we hit freezing weather. I understand, but right now it is 10pm, very cold and I have to use the bathroom before I go to bed. Freezing weather later really isn't a concern at the moment. I would rather use my bathroom. Plus, I thought it was going to be warmer at least until we got to Montana. That's what I get for not paying attention to weather reports.

We saw a lot of flat land today. Oh, our first wildlife too. Antelope grazing with some cows on the flat land. Didn't expect that. Emma called them "baby deers." We had 30mph winds coming at us all day which resulted in 7-8 mile per gallon gas mileage. That was not good, and it looks like more wind tomorrow. We have reservations somewhere in Cheyenne tomorrow and Cal says we get to eat buffalo burgers. Now I have to go decide if I need to use the bathroom bad enough to brave the cold.....in my nightgown.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds way too cold, you should come back - we miss you :0) Ren

    ReplyDelete