Emma does not go to sleep at night. Well, eventually, but it is really not a fun process. She is so over tired and has big circles under her eyes. One friend said "she needs to obey." But it's not about obeying with her. If it were, I would think that the punishments would work. Nothing works except her exhaustion. You can beat her, leave her, take away privledges, give privledges, drug her, you name it....I've probably forgotten something that we've tried...oh yeah, lots of prayer. That didn't work either. She has always had a difficult time (at home we could lock the door and that was the only thing that worked,) but it's really bad now with her world turned upside down and this TLF environment that seems to be itching her. That too...she is one big itchy red mess....which helps relieve my guilt for the Benedryl drugging (the whole one time that we tried it)...although in her case it doesn't appear to work on itchiness or drowsiness. Even Matthew is not quite his quiet self. I think it's this building. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. Once we are in the camper, things will be so much better! LOL LOL Yeah, right!
Last night, I laid down with her and finally told her that if she didn't lay still I would help her. She doesn't like that, because I hold her down where she can't move. She immediately lay there and I swear 2 mintes later I knew she was asleep. Her back was to me and I wasn't touching her, but I could still feel the tension leave her body and felt a wave of relief pass over me. Wacky, I know, but I think that is a testimony to how hard the move is on her......she has always been one that needs routine and consistency and there isn't much of either right now. Now I think I need to go eat a chocolate chip cookie. I'm sure it will make me feel better. Emma is still awake and popping in and out of her room, but it's only 9:15....gotta give her a couple more hours.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment