Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 1

Have to type fast before I lose the connection. It's been hit or miss. Cal and Thomas haven't been able to stay connected then I got right on. If I keep talking smack about it though, I'll get kicked off! LOL

It was a good drive today. We were blessed with sunshine and not so whiny kids...at least not so whiny until we stopped for the night. We saw caribou! Two times! The first time they jumped out of the woods scaring the daylights out of us. Thought for sure we were going to hit them, but they turned back into the woods. The second time there were several of them crossing the road up ahead of us. They scare easy though (nothing like a moose who will wait and show you his good side) and were gone by the time we got close enough to get a decent picture. I did get one out the front window though, so we could prove we saw them. :-)  Then we saw a mama and two baby moose wallowing in a marshy area, a pair of trumpeter swans, and three dall sheep on the side of a mountain when we stopped for a potty break. Saw all of them on the Tok cutoff.

The funniest thing I heard from the backseat today was when Emma and Matthew were debating over the map. We heard Matthew say, "You don't know Emma. That's not what Mama said, and she knows more about the world than we do." LOL  Then he saw a sign out the window that said "end of road work."  He said to Emma, as they were still trying to figure out where we were on the map, "Emma, it says we're at the end of the road!" 

I gotta stop now. My bars are getting low and I want this to post. Our last full day in Alaska was bittersweet. Such beautiful scenery that I doubt can be matched anywhere else. I am really going to miss it and the visits to Seward and Homer, but at the same time I am ready for a change and to get Emma to a doctor that appears to know what he's doing!

Will try to post a few pictures, but not sure if the connection will hold long enough for the download time. If it does, you've probably already seen them above.

No comments:

Post a Comment