Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter

The "what? Why are you taking my picture?" look of a preteen. He's not near as upset as he is trying to look.
Can you tell which one is Matthew vs. Thomas? One of these is Matthew and the other is Thomas on Easter at the same age. 2001 or 2002? One of those years. My brain isn't up for doing the math at the moment.

Thomas is the first one. The resemblance would be more noticable if I had a decent picture of Matthew. The night before Easter, I had the camera set on manual while takng pictures indoors of the egg coloring festivities. Come Sunday morning, outside in the bright sunshine, I forgot to change the setting....or at least compensate by adjusting the exposure. Everything was over exposed beyond "fixing." By the time I realized, they were done with picture taking. I got ONE picture of all three of them and it wasn't that great. You'll see it a little farther down. So annoying. Maybe I should put a sticky on my camera every time I change the mode.
Spinning the eggs.....turns out with a sort of tie dye look. If you stop soon enough. He didn't.


Wow. The 16 year old table is in need of a new finish. :o( I've never noticed it being that bad. LOL

A watched pot never boils, and a watched egg never colors. He wasn't so into it, but was informed that he would be participating as a member of the family...whether he liked it or not. This was only his first egg. The more he dipped, the happier he got.
End result. The eggs we get are brown. I wasn't thinking to make sure I got white eggs for coloring, so the orange, red, and pink don't really stand out from each other. Why don't they make egg primer? I still think they are pretty. Especially before they covered them with kitten and puppy stickers.
See what I mean? Geeeez! The. Perfect. Easter. Picture. Twenty years from now, this is my memory of my kids on Easter morning, 2010. The Easter Bunny just HAD to bring gum, didn't he? I promise you, Thomas isn't near as tough or mad as he looks. (He comes by it naturally from myself and his Grandpa. People think we are mad when we aren't. I've had strangers in the store tell me "smile, it can't be that bad" or "I'd hate to be the person you're mad at." Seriously, complete strangers.) Now, Matthew is just too darn cute loving on his new bunny. He had to bring it to church, but we were able to convince him that Bunny would be happier taking a nap in the truck than going into Sunday school.

1 comment:

  1. It's cute - when you look back 20 years from now it'll still make you cry, gum and all :0)
    Ren

    ReplyDelete