This is why I had a hard time falling asleep last night.

With the warmer temps we've had, along with heat from the building too I imagine, the snow is loosening from the roofs. When it's time, it just slides down and off in big chunks of heavy, icy snow. So? When it decides to slide, it sounds like elephants dancing on the roof. I was right on the verge of dreamland when it sounded off the FIRST time last night. Cal was at the bedroom door before I could say, "What WAS that?" (I thought Matthew had gotten up and fallen down the stairs.) Then he did an abrupt halt, turned back, pointed up, and mumbled "Snow off the roof." We'd heard it before, but it sounds a little more treacherous when you're half asleep and it's dark in the room. It happened 2 more times! Just when I'd start to nod off.......
Here is the other reason for my lack of sleep last night.
For the 3rd time in a week, she has woken up around 3 or 4. Most of the time, she is up for 3 or 4 hours then sleeps in a little late. Last night, she didn't go back to sleep. She is not one that you want to leave up alone. No telling what you'd find the next morning. She doesn't look as tired as I feel at the moment.
UPDATE: At the suggestion of a friend, I gave her a battery operated lantern when she went to bed last night. She didn't get up, and the light was on in the morning. It worked! She said she woke up, turned the light on, and went back to sleep. We'll see what happens tonight.
SECOND UPDATE: Well, so much for that. She crawled into our bed around 3ish. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment