Thursday, December 10, 2009

Squirrel

I had some apples that were getting old. We have been seeing a couple of little squirrels (little isn't the word...maybe tiny?)running around in the snow, so we decided to throw the apples out for them. Ok, but you didn't hear me say that. There is a $300+ fine for feading the wildlife....not sure if that's a base, state, or city rule. WHATEVERRRRR like I'm going to just throw the apples away when these cute little squirrels could be eating them? It's going to be a rough winter, ya know? There's not a whole lot of nuts left on the trees....those itty bitty squirrels need something to eat!

So, one morning while it was still dark, around 9:30ish, I snuck out the back and threw the apples out. I don't think anyone saw me. They might've seen the apples though once the sun came out. There they were, still scattered throughout the backyard and that lovely raised bed that we aren't allowed to use for a garden (to use it as a garden would mean you are feeding wildlife...what moose, rabbit, squirrel or bear would turn down some carrot tops?) Darn squirrels. Didn't they know to get the apples before they could incriminate me? It's the Christmas season....I don't have an extra $300+ in my pocket. We kept a watchful eye all day. No squirrels. Apples still there. Great. Maintenance will come by and turn me in.

I was starting to think I was going to have to trek out there and gather up the apples when I glanced out the window today and there he was! (Or her. Emma wanted to know how I know it's a boy.)


Now "he" just needs to get his friends over here and get these apples out of my yard.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a rebel, you need to find a way of hiding your squirrel food so only you and 'he' knows where it is LOL
    Is it really still dark at 930am? I would never get up in the morning if I lived up there...
    Ren

    ReplyDelete