Saturday, December 26, 2009

Santa Pictures

We don't have typical pictures on Santa's lap this year.


I'm really not sure what went wrong. Emma and Matthew were very excited to go see Santa. They talked about it for days while practicing what they were going to tell him they wanted for Christmas. The mall he was at was on the other side of town, so it was going to be an all day event. (at least half a day) Just for fun, we planned on getting lunch at the mall. (you see where I'm going here......much time and money invested in seeing Santa this year.) The roads were a little wacky, since we had a huge snowfall the night before. The ride took a little longer than I'd anticipated, and they talked non-stop the whole way....I'm telling Santa this...I'm telling Santa that....or, Are we at the mall yet? They're so excited that we practically run into the mall.


So, WHAT HAPPENED??? As soon as we made eye contact with Santa...it was all over. They would not go up that little carpet to the sled for anything. It was a few minutes of trying to convince them, then I decided we'd go eat and try after lunch. During lunch, in response to my questioning why they didn't go up to Santa, Emma informed me that he was different. Different how? His beard is shorter and darker. Shorter and darker than what? Than before. Oh. Matthew? He had no reason. He was probably just feeding off Emma. However, they both said if we went back they would go up to him. Excitement resumes. "Let's go mom!"


We go back. Same story. Only this time, they stood there pushing each other. You go. No, you go. I called it the "you go" dance. Geeezzzz.....I can understand if you were younger and not sure of costumed characters who don't look human.....but, it's SANTA for pete's sake! I went up and sat with Santa hoping it would convince them to step forward. Didn't work. I can't believe we were there for at least 20 minutes and no one else came up. Finally, I ended MY visit with Santa and told them we were leaving. Matthew freaked out and started yelling no. He said he was going to talk to Santa from the edge of the carpet. He went back to the edge, shouted motorcycle, turned and walked away.

Sigh....maybe next year.

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny! Is that at Diamond?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Hallie! Can you believe I got lost looking for the food court? LOL We usually go in at the ice rink entrance. This time we came in at the front and from Santa went back up the escalator thinking the food was upstairs. Found a whole new area of the mall that we didn't know about! 'Course it was mostly offices and no shopping. :o)

    ReplyDelete