Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Berry Birds

We have a tree right outside our front door that produces some type of berry. Haven't figured out the name yet. It's the same kind of tree in our backyard that the moose was eating off of....most be good berries! I went out to start the truck and noticed these birds making a ruckus in the berry tree. There were at least 20 of them. Kinda weird, but they kept flying back and forth between the berry tree and a nearby pine. It was grab berry, fly to other tree, eat berry, then fly back for more berries. Must be some reason for the eat and run, but I'm not very well versed on bird behavior.

I had a hard time getting pictures, because they wouldn't stay in one place long! Most of the pictures were very blurry, but here are some that didn't turn out too bad. (They look better here than full screen.....full screen, you can see more of the out of focus areas.)

I haven't been able to find the name of these particular birds. They have some pretty colors to them.
REACH!!


I think this is one of my favorites. Except that you can't see the coloring on it's wings and under it's tail.

This berry picking is serious business!! Look how he has twisted that head around!


No comments:

Post a Comment