When I made a comment about not believing it's been five years, Thomas said, "It seems like it's been 100." HA HA I guess sibling rivalry does that. It's not too bad really, but she does like to sneak into his room, take items she feels she really is old enough to have therefore justified in taking, and hides them in her room. Mp3 player, watch, books, etc. The really funny part is her reaction when you ask her about a missing item. She taps her cheek, looks up sideways, and says, "Hmmm, let me think." When she does that, you KNOW she is guilty! We are trying to figure out a way to lock his door.
So back to bday events. I was quite pleased to forego a party this year. Her and I went to the mall Saturday for pedicures and Build a Bear. We had lunch in the food court afterwards before heading home for cake and presents. She LOVED it. I called the nail place the day before to make reservations. I explained that she was only 5 and doing this for her bday. The guy remembered! Heck, on the phone, I wasn't even sure he understood me...I did not understand him! They treated her like the princess she and her daddy say she is....he's got her head so full. She didn't quite know how to respond to her 'nail lady' when she kept hugging and kissing her face. I don't blame her....was kinda weird. I grabbed her hand and said, I'm hungry let's go! As Emma was wiping at her cheeks.
She was grinning the whole time, and actually stayed still long enough to get her toes and fingers painted. All she had done was soaking, lotion, and polish. No tools or cutting.



No comments:
Post a Comment