Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Summer Camp
This week is Emma's last week of summer camp. She has really enjoyed going there. They are always outside and nature is incorporated into all of their activities. This week is focused around puppets. They have been making/using puppets from whatever they find outside...sticks, rocks, leaves, etc. They have songs they sing thanking/saying good morning to the earth, sun, trees, flowers..you get the picture. (there is really a lot more to it..google waldorf) Emma loves it. Cal doesn't. He says "they're a bunch of tree-hugging liberals." I keep telling him that not everyone there can be as extreme has he makes them out to be. Yesterday, I saw a bumper sticker on a car there that said, Tree-hugging Dirt Worshiper. Doesn't help my case. Then last night when Daddy is telling Matthew/bad-guy-trying-to-shoot-Emma that he can only shoot animals that we are going to eat and not people, Emma started whining. "No, you can't shoot animals! I like them!" Now she is brain-washed. Just ask Cal, he will tell you all about it. I hate to tell him, but Emma has been picking at/not wanting to eat her meat for a while now. She seems to have an innate aversion to it. Poor Cal. The South GA redneck gave birth (well, I guess not literally, but you know what I mean) to a tree-hugging liberal. Whahahaha...don't tell him I said that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Maybe me and her can compare our recycling efforts together...there's still a tree hugger trapped in the body of this gas guzzling Yukon driver..once a hippy always a hippy I guess :0)
ReplyDeleteRen
She asked me the other day if her banana peel goes in our recyling or compost. We don't have compost! LOL I forgot to mention that after Emma's loving animals comment, Cal went on about how next she'll not want to be eating meat. That same car, I noticed Friday has another bumper sticker, "War is not the answer." didn't tell Cal about that one. :)
ReplyDelete