Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gnome house

Emma went to a "Fairies and Gnomes" week long summer camp last week. She loved it. They were outside all the time. The teachers helped them make the little gnomes and frame of the house. Then they went on a nature walk to gather materials to cover the home. When I picked her up on the last day, she showed me everything and told me that she made a little gnome for Matthew. She wanted to make a playground for the gnomes. She also thought she was bringing that cottonwood into the house. I had to think fast and suggested they build a playground in this great "gnome" box that I found. (thanks to the raspberries we bought last week.) We gathered some rock "swings" and stick "slides" to make the perfect gnome/fairy playground. (She said the fairies would come on their own.) I guess they didn't want them to get hungry and they added a dish of sand, or maybe it's a sandbox? It was fun to watch their imaginations at work. This kept them busy all afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't these kind of things great?! The girls will play for hours with their fairies... I'm hoping to get some little gnomes made while we are traveling to "appear" in PA too! lol Keep the pictures comin'! I love to see other people's gnome adventures!

    ReplyDelete