After the "hike" up to the waterfall, we ate lunch in the park and played on the playground. We ended with feeding the ducks at the pond. This was the part that Little Man had been waiting for. He couldn't have cared less about the water or food, he just wanted to feed the ducks. The ducks weren't very cooperative. Apparently, they had already had lunch and didn't want our bread. This was very upsetting to Little Man and he was determined to make a duck eat his bread.
Of course, Sis and Little Man were the only two who couldn't get 5 feet past the truck without getting their shoes covered in wet, gooey mud. Sis was having a hard time motorically. All 8 kids ran over the same tree roots, but only she had to fall and smash her face and knees into the ground. Her legs looked like she'd been through a briar patch by the time we got to the water fall. Since her leg bashing began at the beginning of the walk, I had to hear about how badly she needed a band-aid....every 2 minutes for the entire trip up and down from the falls. She was trying so hard to convince me that if I just put a band-aid on her leg, it wouldn't hurt anymore. I was trying so hard to convince her that I didn't HAVE a band-aid.
When we got home, Little Man sat down to take off his shoes and said, "I had a gate time feeding the ducks mommy, you know? You know dat, mommy?" T said "it was way more fun than I thought it would be." Sis- "I need a band-aid!"



No comments:
Post a Comment